Thursday, April 23, 2009

See life through a rose filled glass...

I have been inspired! Thanks to "The Diva on a diet" I have discovered movies! You to can make movies! Just click here xtranormal, after you read the rest of my blog of course!

As I have mentioned before, I am trying to branch out and be more open to all wines. This means not discriminating against a wine because of their race or color...including pink wine...

Yes, I have an aversion to white Zinfandell, I will not bash it...Nor will I be drinking it.


Michel Torino Malbec-Rose 2007


The Michel Torino vinyard is located 5,500 feet above sea level in Calchaqui Valley, in the northwest of Argentine. The sunny days and cool nights allow the grapes to reach perfect maturity while keeping their vivid fruit flavors.


I have enjoyed many a Malbec in my time and this is what made me buy this particular "Pink" wine. Also it was in the "Last Chance" bin at Sprouts Farmers Market for $7.97. Who am I to turn my back on the Clearance section!

The Malbec-Rose was somewhat dry and fruity yet not over sweet, I would recommend chilling this wine in the freezer or ice bucket. I paired this wine with a mac and cheese duo, one a ham and Swiss, and the other a spinach, artichoke with sun dried tomatoes. On the side an artichoke, because yes, I love artichokes! And yes it was a great pairing!




"Dream and think of all things pink. Enjoy and relax...see life through a rose filled glass"~ Michel Torino

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Wino ... both the video and the wine pick. I love, love a deep, dark, rich rose. Actually, I love almost all rose, but the darker the better. And, I'm right there with you on the White Zin ... blech!

    Great job with the video, its fun and a bit addictive, isn't it?!

    Lastly, I want that mac and cheese. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you can not go wrong with mac and cheese!Yes I have a weekness for all things cheesy and creamy!What is your favorite Rose? Deep and dark is great!

    ReplyDelete