Friday, April 3, 2009

Oregano's Tucson

This week I drove to Tucson to have a birthday lunch with a friend. She chose Oregano's because they are one of the few places in Tucson that has a patio.
Oregano's Is a great neighborhood pizza joint, They serve great local brews and a few standards.





You can get a glass or even a bottle of wine for not too much money One of my favorite wines I discovered here(Well at the phoenix locations). Rex Goliath Cabernet (I will not tell you what its nickname around my house is, but some of you know...)This is a hearty Cabernet Sauvignon with structure and concentration. Dark and intense in color. Hints of cedar and oak, with layers of raspberry, plum, mocha, and currant. Firm tannins with big fruit flavors lead to a lengthy and persistent finish. ( and by the way in stores, its under $10)









The restaurant has a fun, colorful and casual atmosphere. All the locations have patio or dining room seating and a good amount of bar seating as well. There is something for everyone!









Oh yeah and a shout out to the restroom, lots of character and cleanliness! Of course I checked out the restroom, who do you think is writing this!






The Menu's I swear get bigger every time I go! Really, they are huge!



There of course is a lot to choose from! Salads galore, sandwiches out the wazoo, obviously pizza up the ying yang and Pasta.....well you get my drift. Check out the web site for low down (after you read this blog!) Portions are out of control, so come hungry or plan on sharing with friends.






Some of the dishes like the The Antipasto Thing comes in two sizes. I ordered the Junior, this includes;

Salami, pepperoni, capicolla, Romaine lettuce, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red peppers, red onions, topped with our Italian cheeses and tossed with Italian dressing. Mama-mia$9.49 Antipasto Thing Jr. $6.99


This is one of my favorites, for when I want to eat just a smidgen lighter than pasta.


But when it comes to Pasta I recommend The Big Rig Pasta is a huge bowl of rigatoni pasta covered with a tasty tomato-chipotle cream sauce, chopped basil, diced roma tomatoes, Parmesan and a spicy finish. $8.79

AND

Alfredo The Dark Poblanos, pasta and cream, oh my! Poblano chiles and a special blend of southwest cheeses are sauteed with spiral pasta. Topped with diced roma tomatoes and ‘south of the border’ bread. There’s nothing to be ‘Alfredo’ of. $8.99


I discovered that at lunch you can get just a "Slice" of pizza with whatever toppings you want. My friends ordered one each. One had pepperoni and mushrooms, Yum!





The other, Pepperoni and pineapple....really? I was Shocked at what is considered a "Slice"! This is a 1/4 of some very large pizza! I am getting me one of those next time! Forget about the salad!



But wait! The very best thing! The thing I have now been craving since that lunch date! If you are on a diet, close your eyes for this part!





THE ORiGiNAL PiZZA COOKiE Now this will knock your socks off! A 1/2 pound of Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, or Peanut Butter Chocolate cookie dough, slightly baked in a 6-inch pizza pan then topped with 3 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream. This baby serves 2-4. DO iT! $4.99



I mentioned it was a birthday lunch? We were brought the chocolate chip version of the Cookie thing...FREE and oh my goodness! Let me just say my friends are luck they still have their finger and also lucky they even got to taste it! I know it wasn't MY Birthday, but its not my fault this was the best damn thing I have ever had....So far!


I would suggest if you have no self control and are someone who is dieting...perhaps save yourself the pain and don't eat at Oregano's. But I will definitely be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment