Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wine of the day!





FLOWERS PINOT NOIR










This is a beautiful smooth Pinot with a light ruby color and an aroma that makes my mouth water. A co-worker described Pinot Noir as having a dusty flavor, I can sort of see that. But I think it is quite delicious dust! Pinot Noir has a very distinct taste all its own. I would describe it as flowery and fruity yet not sweet, with a smooth lingering soft feel on your tongue. I find it is a perfect summer afternoon wine when you are not in the mood for white wine.










2007 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
Tasting Notes http://www.flowerswinery.com/
Fresh focused fruit aromas of cherry, raspberry, and plum are followed by hints of violet, spice, mineral, and pepper. This wine offers crisp acidity upon entry unfolding with juicy flavors of strawberry, raspberry, black fruits and leather. The 2007 vintage offers intense fruit flavors on the mid palate. Tannins are supple creating a lingering finish with cola and smokiness. Enjoy now or cellar up to 4 years.


This wine retails for about $45 give or take a few dollars. So save up and get one for your next special day on the patio. Now that I have made myself thirsty I must leave you.



Just a thought before I go though.... Anyone know if pomegranates can be made into wine?








No comments:

Post a Comment