Thursday, May 7, 2009

Is it chicken or is it Tuna?

Today I decided to be healthy! Might only last for today, or until another something fried comes along...this picture came out so pretty I could not help but want to share it with all of you!

This beautifully salad was pretty fast, easy and quite tasty. I made tuna salad, with the usual mayonnaise and pickle relish (I like dill), a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper, diced green bell pepper, and diced celery.

I used wild arugula (none of that shy tame stuff for me!), and shredded green cabbage. A diced tomato, 1/2 an avocado sliced, and of course finely shredded cheese. Cause everything is better with cheese!

I am thinking next time I will go with red and yellow bell pepper and maybe some crumbled goat cheese.... OK now I am hungry again!


In case you forgot what it looks like....Its almost to pretty to eat.

I have also decided a Barefoot Sauvignon Blanc chilled in the freezer and served in a frozen wine glass would go quite nicely with this summer lunch. This wine is very crisp and has a slight citrus flavor. Very refreshing on a hot Arizona afternoon.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment